If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (805) 656-3911

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

MOLD 101

10/17/2018 (Permalink)

- Foods that contains wheat grow mold which is black when exposed.

- There are also allergen molds. They are the green molds, not poisonous but allergen to humans. Both black and green mold can trigger sneezing fits, and the affected person may have itchy red eyes when they've inhaled or touched the mold.  They have devastating effects on asthmatic individuals.

- Orange and Yellow molds that rarely grow indoors are non-toxic. They tend to grow on decaying organic matter and wood.

- Pathogenic mold can cause diseases, especially to the respiratory system, for persons with weakened immune systems or newborn babies.

- Toxic Mold: Toxic mold, most commonly referred to as black mold, is poisonous when inhaled or touched, and has been linked to cancer in some cases.

Give SERVPRO a call anytime that you need us at (805) 656-3911.

Other News

View Recent Posts