What Is Black Mold?
Black mold is usually our worst nightmare in our home. If we found mold in our home, we need to deal with this as soon as possible. If Molds are not treated and can spread all over our home.
What is Black Mold
Black mold is a fungus called Stachybotrys chartarum. These organic materials can be form where there is high moisture and poor ventilation.
What causes Black Mold?
Black Molds grows best in warm conditions and can be found all over the world. Outdoor Molds can grow in soils and plant debris. Indoor Molds needs materials that are high in cellulose and low in nitrogen to grow. It means toxic black mold can grow anywhere in our home or buildings.
If you think you have mold in your home contact SERVPRO of Ventura at (805) 656-3911 for Free Estimate.
Learn more about mold and what to do until help arrives by visiting Mold Damage Tips.
How Do I Tell If It’s Black Mold?
Since many types of mold can cause reactions, you should contact us regardless of the color or type of mold. In many instances, multiple types of mold may exist in the same house or structure. If you suspect you have a mold problem, contact SERVPRO of Ventura immediately.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – (805) 656-3911
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Ventura is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are also part of a national network of over 1,600 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Pierpont Bay