“Mold Removal” vs. Mold Remediation
What’s the Difference?
MOLD REMOVAL vs. MOLD REMEDIATION
If you notice mold in your home, getting rid of it is your number one priority. It’s important to know what you’re looking for so you can find the right help for your home. To assist you in your search, here is our guide to the difference between mold removal and mold remediation. It would seem that these all mean the same thing but there are few things that separate these activities.
Since microscopic mold spore exist naturally almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors, removing all mold from a home or business is impossible. Some restoration business advertise “mold removal” and can guarantee to remove all mold. This is a fallacy. Mold removal involves only in the physical of spores present at home. Mold remediation is the term used to describe all the process involved in eliminating mold growth. It includes mold testing, removal, demolition, sanitizing, containment and mold cleaning, depending on the type and location. A qualified restoration company like SERVPRO of Ventura has the training and expertise to remediate the mold in your home or business. Mold remediation focuses on getting mold levels back to normal and natural levels.
If you’re looking for mold remediation in your home or area, SERVPRO of Ventura can remedy the problem. Call us at (805) – 656 - 3911
Signs of Mold? Call Today – (805) 656-3911
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold damage scenario is different and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same. Learn more about our mold remediation process.
- Emergency Contact - (805) 656-3911
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Ventura is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are also part of a national network of over 2180 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities: